Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Reflection on the Past

7/20/2008



Making him smile………causing his laughter…..was my joy

Frequently I prayed for him……..for his success……….for his happiness

I loved him…………truly I loved him

And Gosh………………yes, yes………he broke my heart



The days following the breakup were the worst

It was like the world…….my world………ceased to exist

My heart ached…………I’d never felt so much pain

And the tears………….the tears would not stop falling………..I could not stop crying



I stopped living………..I could not function

Everything, everyone reminded me of him………of us………of our moments

The pain was seemingly unbearable……..I could feel my heart break under the weight of it

My today…..and tomorrows…………held no promise, with him gone



And then………..my tomorrow is today

There is music………laughter….fun……………….the pain long gone

The memories have faded……….his presence ceases to make my heart skip a beat

He remains a friend……….a beloved friend

But my heart…………my emotions, affections, attentions…………..belong to another



Hmmm…………the way of the world

I never thought I would get over him………….that I could stop loving him

Such characterizations now make me smile

I loved…………I lost……………I moved on………….I’ve moved on……



Responses
1.
Hmmmm! This is deep o!
•Edit Comment
By: Jumoke on August 1, 2008
at 4:46 pm
Reply

No comments:

Post a Comment